Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Announcement - SURVIVAL CAMP!

Yup! Its back again...the 6th edition of Royal Rangers Survival Camp!!! For those of you who have absolutely no idea about what I'm talking about...I guess you need to be there! Before I carry on further elaborating about this camp...here's wat you need to know.

Date : 25th-26th Nov 2005
Venue : Laman Bistari, KKB
Cost : RM20.00 only!!!
What to bring : Nothing!!! (even better!)

Here's the Q&A section that might be useful for those still blinking...*blink*blink*

Q: What is a survival camp?
A: Its a camp where we teach you how to survive a night in the jungle, without all the luxuries that life has to offer, train you to be a less complicated person, and teach you to be more resourceful and thankful for all that you've been blessed with in this life.

Q: What do I have to bring for this camp?
A: Firstly, yourself. Secondly, the will to survive. Third, patience...and lots of it. Fourth, a survival kit...Fifth, a never-say-die attitude.

Q: What will we do there during the camp?
A: Survive. You think its that easy? Haha...ask those who has been to a survival camp before this. You will have to make your own shelter using whatever nature has to offer. next, you will have to gather sufficient firewood to ensure that your fire will last through the night...this is vital as your dinner depends on it. :) You will also have to learn how to prepare your own dinner...this wont be as easy as you think...because your 'dinner' involves something that is alive, something that will run, and something that can fly...

Q: What can I NOT bring?
A: This is easy...do not bring your mattress, pillow, junkfood, playstation, TV, fridge, CD player, I-Pod, SPM books, football, snooker table, mum, dad, grandmas, grandpas, pets, uncles and aunties, your pet fish, computer, guitar, piano, keyboard, drums, saxaphone, burger stall....etc..etc...you get the picture.

Q: What do I have to do if I want to go?
A: First, get the permission form from either Cmdr. Reuben or Cmdr. Kenny, fill it up and get your parent's permission, and pass the form back to them by the 25th of Nov, together with RM20.

Q: It sounds like a really tough and difficult camp. Will I even enjoy it?
A: Trust me...NO ONE has ever regretted going for a survival camp. And NO ONE has ever said the camp was boring. The experience gained and survival camp stories will last a lifetime!

Q: Is it safe to go for it? Are there like lions and tigers roaming the forest? Sharks in the river?
A: There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of...except for the person you're staying with....who might irritate the life out of you! :) There is also a high chance that your shelter will collapse on you during the night, if not done properly. Apart from the usual visitors like anacondas, scorpions, polar bears, godzillas, birds that can throw stones, bigfoot, and crocodiles...there is nothing to be worried about. There will be sufficient leaders in the camp to keep an eye on you...

Here's what some of the rangers in our church had to say regarding their survival camp experience...

Cmdr. Reuben : Survival camp has made me the MAN I am today!

Cmdr. Kenny : I learned how to kill my dinner and cook it, learn how to build a house (my shelter) and learn to how to make traps to catch little creatures....although the traps didn't actually catch anything...it worked pretty well on Shaun and Daniel....

Mark Law : Did you all know that a chicken can still fly without its head??? I swear I saw a chicken fly without its head!!!

Collin Chin : Those *$#!@#$ jungle birds....did you know that they can actually THROW stones???

Cmdr. Jeffrey Hui : Sap sap sui lar...this is nothing compared to the time when I was in the war...during my days in Vietnam and Iraq, things were so much harder to handle....etc...etc...


Now that you've heard what the leaders had to say...let's see what some of the rangers who have yet to go for a survival camp have to say:

Daniel Raj : This time around will be my second survival camp...just like my UPSR, I have to sit for this twice. The first time I went, those guys had to baby-sit me. They cooked dinner for me...they fed me...its was like...heaven. But worst of all, at night...when it was dark...I couldnt even see myself. And neither could they see me! Whenever I spoke to my friend...they kept on shouting hysterically "ORANG MINYAK, ORANG MINYAK"......why they call me Oil Man wan?

Andrew Yew : I cant wait to go! I was born for times like this. Bring it on!

Alison : Survival camp? Whats that?

Amy Tan : I will go if Phaik Joo goes...

Phaik Joo : I will go if Hui Lin goes...

Hui Lin : I will go if Amy goes...

Joshua Das : Hmmm....the trick to survival....always wear bright clothes! And smile a lot..showing lots of teeth and open your eyes big big!

Shaun : No worries wan. Very simple...the trick to surviving is to pretend to cry and behave like a little boy. And yuo must also act as though you're very scared. Then the commanders will pity you and will give you bun and milo packet to survive the night. Last time I did that...and it worked. But only problem is...I failed the camp. That's why I have to go for it again...just like Daniel...just like my UPSR also....haih....

Daniel Pua : I tell you arr....dont try to be funny ok?



So guys and girls...what are you waiting for! Sign up today for Survival Camp and get ready for a one night experience that will change your life forever!
Share This

4 comments:

LiNnzZy GuRL said...

yea man..!!
i'm ready for it..and i'm sure i'll be goin!!! hahaha....

Sheila Yong said...

u semua punya cmdr kenny got his first pms there.. heheheh... =)

Anonymous said...

Hey sheila...whats this PMS story? Do share it with us ok? Haha...

Anonymous said...

WHAT ????????
PMS??? what is that ???? *stares innocently* ... pls... don't divert young,gullible and innocent minds out there.... hahha ... NO SUCH THING.!!!!!