Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bon Voyage - A Tribute (Part 1)

My dear rangers,

As we all know by now, Klang will never be quite the same as it used to be. Gone were the days of chaos and riots, gone were the days of sheer noise and the breaking of silence just by the sound of his voice...yes, its true. Those days will long remain in our memories for as long as we live. From one nation to another, from Asia to Australia, the legend lives on forever...and with deep sadness and sorrows in our hearts, surpassed by the joyous celebrations that followed, we'd like to officially bid our fellow ranger 'Adios', 'Sayonara', 'Selamat tinggal'...

To our beloved Kevin Wong...we bid you farewell. On behalf of the rangers, we'd like to thank you for all those moments of sheer madness you've given us, not forgetting those precious moments of silence which came less frequent than blue moons, and most of all, for being a big guy and playing a special part in our world and our lives. And we pray that once you're over there in Australia, continue to spread the 'fever' and passion for God all over that land. And most importantly, drape that Malaysian flag proudly outside your room window, and give your neighbours a taste of your very own secret recipe of pure irritation by belting out our beloved 'Negaraku, tanah tumpahnya darahku...' at 7am every morning.

And if I could find the words to describe you, or rather how we feel towards you, or think of a song that best describes the way we, as your fellow rangers, think of you...this would be it. And I hope that we'll all take the time to read the words from this famous oldies tune. One thing I can promise you...whenever we hear this song over Light 'N Easy, we'll have a drink or two...thinking of you, bro.


The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with gladness
And love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

He's my brother
He ain't heavy, He's my brother


Yup, when we're together, he ain't that heavy after all...

He's the one in the front right, smiling...the big guy...yea, that's the one...

Australia, be warned. He's wild and dangerous. A real threat to your peace and serenity. :)

My prayers for you, bro...

"God, bless Kevin. But most of all, save Austraila, Lord!"

Stay original and most of all, you'll always be a part of our life's story. We love you, man!


*stay tuned...another runaway story coming up soon...*sob*sob*
Share This

No comments: