Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Testimony - Kevin Chin

Please do take some time to read this testimony from Cmdr. Kevin Chin. All glory to God!

Hey guys, as the title has spoken my intention in this post....I crashed a plane last friday around 5pm in Kuala Terengganu. As you can see that I am typing this email shows that I'm alive, fine, well, and unharmed, all glory to God for His grace, mercy and protection. For your info, I will be based in Kuala Terengganu detachment which is still under my flying school for maybe around 2 months.

Here is how the incident happened. It was my normal solo flight and I was doing circuit and landings which is just take off, fly around the airport and land, then take off again for another round. The flying pattern is the same as the horse race circuit so that's why they call it circuit and landings. The purpose of this flight is to practice different type and style of landings.

Ok, back to my flying now... after I took off, I made my first landing which is the normal landing ( with landing flaps )and manage to land the aircraft nicely and properly. Then I put full power again for another take off for a flapless landing ( this is to practice for emergency situation where the flaps is not working). After I touched down, I bounced up quite high and decided to cancel my landing and put full power as all the instructor would advise to put full power and make another try instead of trying to save a screwed up landing.

The nose attitude climb for flapless is higher than the normal take off. So I misjudge the nose attitude where I put it too high and stall the aircraft where the aircraft lost its lift force. Then the aircraft swirl to the right and landed heavily on the grass and stopped by the fence. The plane just had a nose wheel and propeller damaged, and slight crack at the tail. The wings and the rest of the plane's body are fine.

When this thing happened, I felt that God was with me all the time. He gave me the peace in my heart and assures me that I'm able to make it unharmed. Even after this accident, I still felt His peace. By the way, I'm not the first accident, there has been accident in the beginning of this year and a few last year as well. A lot of people says that I'm very lucky to escape unharmed and asked me whether I prayed a lot. They also said that God must have loved me so much and all these questions came out from malay lips. So I wanna ask u guys a favour to pray for me as I continue my training. Pray for His protection and wisdom to be upon me and also able to graduate without any delay. Hopefully by July or August.

Thanks!

His beloved child,
Kevin Chin


Kevin Chin (left) with plenty to smile about...

Share This

No comments: