Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Friday, April 04, 2008

"I was there too!" By Daniel Ng

Yup, he was there alright! And he did extremely well...proud of you, bro! Keep up the good work, Dan! And now, time for his side of the story...

Hey! Just wanna share my experience about our RR camp wif ya'll! Well, actually... this camp was...GREAT. Nothing like a good camping trip to really let go of stress and relax ur mind from KUMON! (he's the only guy that I know that goes to Kumon...must be one really brainy dude..) This is my 2nd time coming for camp and my 1st time going for survival camp.survival camp was a different experience for me (considering that i'm a spoilt brat and city boy according to some ppl)... :P

It was great in the way that I could really see that beauty of nature that God created. Without all the necessities ready made for you in the city, I actually got the chance to build the shelter with the rest of the campers. You know, going out into the wilderness (although not so deep) and using all the resources around you, actually makes you realise once more how beautiful nature is and who is the creator of it. Honestly! It also makes you appreciate the things around you.(except leeches of course, DISGUSTING!)

From this experience, i'm looking forward to the next survival camp where it could be a little less crowded. Man...hearing from Daniel Raj about the previous survival camps makes me exited to experience it like them! Well, I guess that's it about survival camp. It was really crowded and i didn't get any sleep! (dun ask me why, jus didn't feel like it) Maybe next time we could have it longer (maybe 2 nights??)??? But all in all, surviving is fun ~:)




Daniel looking all 'gaya-mutu-keunggulan' as he poses for us in the water...he's got that sexy-wet look eh? :)

Well! Enough bout survival camp! Let's talk about LEPAK CAMP! Lepak camp was okay this year...however, I really wanted to cook my own meal.. (this may seem housewifely, but i LOVE cooking) :) But...great thing was, the presence of THREE DANIELS in the camp...man! it was so confusing! Although i'm a daniel myself, its actually quite fun calling out your own name and havin 2 other people answer back to you! Maybe next time we can make it FOUR! haha! Just jk...


1st day was okay. After survival camp and all, I was quite tired. What more, we had to carry the stuff from the van to the site! Really heavy stuff i tell you... but after that, there's nothing better but to relax in the hammock prepared by Cmdr. Kenny! WHEE! After a nice rest on the hammock, it was time for the inevitable... those who actually went for lepak camp would actually know this if i said my screams of "WEIIIII!!!" were in the air everytime you splashed water at me...yes.. it was the RIVER... nice and cooling, but i hated it whenever ppl splashed at me...just couldn't stand too cold water... *sigh* (he's the only guy that screams so sexily when water gets splashed on him...man, its just...wow...)


Well...after all that, nothing but a nice lunch, then a great game of captainball! But wait! it's not the captainball you guys noe! Its in the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really fun stuff...you all should try it some time! Although I didn't get to score, I had a nice time! After everyone finally came out of the water and warmed up, it was time for the every year dinner...BBQ!!!!!!!! We had pasta this year! Anyway, everyone was full. The lamb was good, REAL GOOD...


To end the day, we had some cool games! 3 in fact!1st game was an accuracy game (blowpipe challenge), 2nd was another accuracy game (slingshot challenge), and 3rd was a game of stealth! Honestly, the stealth game really got my heart pumping. I could hav sworn I didn't even make a noise when i was unraveling the plastic..and I din even get the chance 2 throw the stones on the roof! *sob* not HAPPY! All in all, after everything, I guess i could say i enjoyed this camp (EXCEPT FOR THE SPLASHING OF COLD WATER). Looking forward to another awesome camp in the future!

Daniel - (still) waiting for the world to change...



Daniel is currently in the midst of completing high school. A brilliant student (wat to do? He goes to Kumon!), every man's man, a man with the heart, will and courage of a lion, but displays a gentle lamb-like character on the outside! :) Truly been a blessing to the RR ministry and will be for many more years to come...stay true and stay strong, bro! Thanks for being a blessing to me and the ministry! You're a 'jewel in the making'...

Share This

No comments: