Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Hear, Hear! #11

Greetings! It's been awhile.. but we hope the weekend's treating you well!

Here's a read from Ranger Keerthana (:

Everyone has to favor something in life. We either favor an object, a person and etc. My favorite thing to do during my leisure is to attend Royal Rangers. Royal Rangers consists of awesome kids and teens which are dedicated to learn God's word and other cool stuff such as backpacking, building fire, communication and many more.Till this very day, I have had an amazing experience learning in Royal Rangers along with my beloved buddies.
          I can still picture my first day joining the Royal Rangers community. As always, I was simply nervous because I had to get used to a totally new environment and faces. It was even terrifying when I knew that every single eye was staring at me from head to toe and some people talking in a language that I was not familiar with. With God's help I easily slipped away from my fears and met some new people. I  also joined my first Royal Rangers camp.Camp was nowhere near my expectations because it was the worst camp I've attended. We worked our sweat off to finish our achievements. Even though it wasn't dreamworld I still won't regret going for that camp ,as I've learnt many skills for a 12 year old.
         Along the way, I feel ashamed to say that I had missed many classes of rangers because my laziness took control of me. My absence in class made it hard for me to cope up with my merits and it was even tougher to have close friends. Slowly I was losing myself and had completely no interest in coming anymore. Like every other person, I had my very own turning point in life. In 2014, I was excited when I got word that our outpost was organising the annual outpost camp for the year.I believe that we should live life to the fullest so I filled up the form right on the spot.
         I learned that we should always expect for the unexpected because I benefited alot throughout camp and had a whale of time. It wasn't so great on the first day of camp but it definitely was the most fantastic camp after that. I somehow got to know people even better and took the courage to be open with them. My courage helped me get a handful of friends which are my best buddies until this day. It's kind of funny because language doesn't seem to be a barrier among us. On the other hand, there were many challenging projects along with exciting games in camp.
        Since then, attending rangers has been a sense of relieving school stress. I thank God for providing me with the right knowledge and people thus I love my friends. They are very friendly and don't separate me away from them. I won't forget my supportive commanders which encouraged me and lent me a hand in times of trouble. In the end, I would love to conclude that things happen in our life for a reason. It may seem bitter at first but later we will come to know that it is a blessing from God. 

Have a great weekend everybody! And see you at rangers 1.30pm sharp tomorrow (;

Toodles!
Share This

No comments: