Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Friday, September 26, 2014

Hear, Hear! #1

Greetings!

In conjunction with the Gold-bordered Communication Merit that the Expedition Rangers are achieving, we're going to start a new Hear, Hear! series featuring all that the Expedition Rangers have to say.

Hear, hear is an expression used as a short, repeated form of hear, hear him. The actual source can be found in 2 Samuel 20:16. "Then cried a wise woman out of the city: 'Hear, hear; say, I pray you, unto Joab: Come near hither, that I may speak with thee.'" (KJV)

So do keep a lookout for more from the Expedition Rangers and hear what they have to say! Here's one from Ranger Celeste to kick start this new series!



Hi everyone! I am Celeste Tan, and I am an Expedition Ranger at Selangor #6.

Since I am not yet a commander, my journey as a Ranger is not yet over, so here's what I've learnt at Royal Rangers so far.

I have been in the Rangers ministry since I was nine, and it has been a real blessing to me over the years.

Working on merits makes me manage my time wisely, and plan ahead for certain things to be done and submitted. I've learned about lots of different interesting subjects that I wouldn't have learnt on my own; like public speaking, sign language, leadership skills and Christian missions, to name a few.

from the merits and numerous camps that I've been to, I have learned a lot of survival and life skills; like surviving in the jungle, using a compass and how to build a fire, amongst many other things.

I still remember and reminisce about the training camps (JTC and Survival Camp), and how I learned so much about myself and my teammates there (think dealing with stress, leadership skills, teamwork and surviving without internet) :)

I've grown spiritually thanks to the Bible studies and the commanders asking us questions that make me think deeply. It gives me different perspectives on Biblical insights that I sometimes find boring/overrated, and really spurs me to do better in my Christian walk by the grace of God.

I've met all sorts of different people on the way, and learnt how to deal and work with them. Although it is not always smooth sailing, it has made me a better person in the process. It takes all sorts of people to make the world go 'round. And some of those people are my good friends now :)

The purpose of Royal rangers is to reach, teach and keep young people in the church through mentorship, and I am glad that it is still going on strong after so many years. I am really grateful to all of the commanders who input into our lives week in and week out. I hope one day I'll be able to serve and give back as they have.

God bless!


As the saying goes, 'Once a Ranger, Always a Ranger'.
We look forward to having you grow and mature into a wonderful leader in the years to come Celeste! Till then, continue to shine bright for our Master Ranger (:

Blessings
Share This

No comments: