Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Friday, September 14, 2007

Reminiscence...

This is my story...

Rangers has always been a big and very important part of my life. I joined rangers when i was 7 years old. Well, i can't remember very much about my early years in rangers but during my teenage years, Rangers played a very significant role in my life. Apart from all the outdoor activities, camping, hiking that rangers had to offer, it was also a place where i found a sense of belonging. I guess the uniform made me feel 'exclusive'. It certainly gave me a sense of belonging. Being a teenager, it was certainly important to feel belonged. Rangers has also given me a good foundation to grow mentally, physically, spirtuallty and socially.

I have always enjoyed all the camps.The camping skills and leadership skills that i got from all the rangers camp served to make me a more confident person. There is definitely no doubt that ranger has blessed me in many ways. Now, serving as a rangers commander, I always find it a blessing and a joy to be able to bless the younger teens the same my commanders have done for me. One thing about rangers, and I believe that alot of you would feel the same, is that as a commander, you will always be a commander no matter what happens. Up till today, when i see my commanders, I would still call them "Commander" and still look up to them as examples. I would always remember the question that Cmdr Jeffery Lim used to ask all of us... "What is your legacy?"... and for me my legacy is giving back to rangers what rangers has given me until God calls me to somewhere else. :) God bless!


~ Cmdr. Kenny Chin ~

Cmdr. Kenny is currently pursuing his studies in Tasmania, Australia and will be back in RR Sel#6 in 2008. A dedicated leader, His love for God and His people, an outrageously talented person, a strong grasp on ranger's skills and knowledge, and a servant-attitude makes him one of the most naturally-gifted leader that I've served with and a joy to be around. Truly, a man after God's heart...

Share This

No comments: