Royal Rangers Selangor #6

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Soaring Into The Horizon...

Happy Diwali to all my faithful readers and beloved rangers out there!

Yes...I know you're complaining...where's The Boss and his updates, rite? Well, now that I managed to get the virus out of my PC (I think), the best part is...something's not right with my IE, cauz I'm not able to upload any pics into the blog posts!! Arghh...how disappointing! So please bear with me, while I entertain you with words...cauz words are all I have to take your heart away...:)

Well, good news...RR IS RESUMING SOON! How cool is that??? Imagine this...you guys get to torment your commanders (and vice-versa) all over again starting this Sunday, 2nd November 2008! Yup...its been a while since we got together for an amazing time during RR Outpost meetings! Do spread the word around and make sure EVERYONE knows about RR this Sunday ok?

A big shoutout to Cmdr. Daniel Seliong who celebrates his 20th birthday today! Wohoo!! You're almost a man now, bro...almost. :) Just give it another year and you can fully celebrate your man-ity. Haha! Have a good one...and see you at the party later! May God continue to use you to kick the devil back where he belongs...!

Got another testimony from one of our leaders who survived NTC...and this time it comes from Cmdr. Jayson Phuan of the Explosive Eagles patrol! Sometimes when I think back, they look more like the Terrorist Eagle Bombers...with TNT and dynamite on their patrol standards! Anyway, read on and be blessed!

"...and as I wait, I'll rise up like the Eagle..."

*****************************************************

I’ve been in the Royal Rangers Ministry from Buckaroo’s until now and I got to say that this NTc camp is the toughest training camp I’ve ever experienced throughout my years in Royal Rangers. As I look back on the camp, it made me realize how important our role as the commanders of our respective age group can affect the lives of the younger rangers under our care. We can be the ones that either make them or break them. If we don’t disciple them in God’s way, they will be stagnant in their spiritual walk with God. On the other hand, if we raise them up properly, they will become leaders that will continue to lead others to Christ. It shows me how much we as a commander plays a role in affecting the spiritual walk of the younger ones.

As I started of the camp, I have already the high expectation of the camp from the past comments given by those that have gone for NTC. I was prepared for the worst but turns out that it wasn’t that bad after all. I expected it to be scolding, yelling,and drilling under the rain kind of situation but it wasn’t to my surprise. Instead it was a ‘relaxed’ camp where mental, physical and spiritual challenge takes place where we are needed to build gadgets with the given time frame and also with such short notice. I really thank God that I went for this camp also because I learned that the patrol system is something that is really challenging yet bears fruit at the end.

My patrol consists of 6 commanders which are William Ong, Benjamin Yee, Andrew Ong, Kah Yun and Wei Sern. When we got together as a patrol, we are like strangers but as the camp goes by, we learn to tolerate each other putting our differences aside and work together as a team and it did show good fruit at the end as we did our gadgets and just by looking at it, we are so proud of our teamwork and the commitment of each of the commanders.

This camp really challenged me to go the extra mile in the Royal Rangers ministry as well as my spiritual walk with God. Without a doubt, this camp has shown me what I am capable to do in Rangers as well as sow into this ministry where lives can be touch and talents of the younger boys can be molded.

Thanks!

-Jays-

Share This

No comments: